Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life is short, enjoy it!

Ah... A sick and tired week,
All the exotic food and drinks inside my stomach are stirring for ways out.
Blame it to Thailand, since it is highly reckoned amongst the food paradises in the world.
Being a sudden celeb-alike in PSU is not a great experience as well when people all around the corner, hidden and seen, shrieking for your name.
I know I'm a rare species from Malaysia but that's doesn't mean I'm giving my numbers to you to easily ask me out for a drink.
Moreover, in disease parasite lab, during reagent preparation, I accidentally stained my hand with a permanent stain killed my emotions solemnly.
But I admit, life was easy before that and we, enjoyed it.
My head of department, Arjan Saweit promised to take me around southern Thai for a break free. But then, due to unavoidable reasons (as expected) he can't but then, my research partner, Yum and a colleague, Big did. It was a remarkable visit, giving us another insight into the culture and the beauty of southern Thai. But first, the research site of sakom for the sampling of Holothuria sp.


PSU Marine hatchery research centre, Sakom.


Sakom beach


Sakom currently is the site for breeding of sea turtle, slipper lobster, swimming crab and other marines.


My research partner is currently working out on a drink based on seaweed,
I had a stomachache after I took one of these...


Then we went to Monkey's fun boat, these creatures are ferociously cute.


Tang Kuan Hill, met a lot of Malaysians here.


My friends & colleagues at the Great Serpent "Nag".


Fascinated by the beautiful underwater world in Songkhla Aquarium.


Mysterious Cat & Rat Statue, at Kok Mew Kok Nu island.


A flaring afternoon on Samila Beach


Hat Yai, Shopping paradise,
(please bring a Thai friend to help you to kill the price at the cheapest rate a human can get or else, burn a hole in your pocket)


Floating market of Hat Yai, full of human, on boats and on shore.


Trying the exotic insecta snacks, entomologists hate us for this.

Time constraints and we need to be back to Pattani before dusk. Before that, we managed to round a trip in PSU, Hat Yai campus before homed.

Life seems to be resumed from the pause and I'm back to work, this week, Water Quality, Chemical Reagents & Staining Methods. Next Monday, Parasitology, whereas the real pain in the ***. I need to spend 2 weeks in hatchery then after that another 2 weeks in Histopathology lab before I can take a deep breath. Then around 2 weeks, going to do axenic media culture for parasite before going to data analysis and finally FYP presentation. I've told my supervisor in M'sia, fearing that I might be unable to finish on time. And he said, "Don't worry, have fun!".
Other people will think that we are brainiest but no, we're not. Yeah, we're just having fun!
This Saturday? Going Where? Wait in the next entry.

Ast. Danno PSU, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment